Monday, January 18, 2010

Test 1-2, Test 1-2?

Wow, so...this is my first time blogging. Kind of exciting, kind of weird. I can write whatever I want here and my friends, family, and random strangers, I suppose, can all read it. I guess I'll start with the countdown - two days!!! I told my mom last night that it doesn't really seem like real life. I mean, I've been preparing for this trip since, well, high school, and now that I'm almost gone I need someone to pinch me to make sure that this is real.

Here's the plan: packing and getting stuff together today and tomorrow. One last dinner with my grandparents tonight before I leave, and some random appointments for the dentist and a haircut mixed in. Wednesday I leave early in the morning so that I can pick up my passport from the Spanish Consulate in Chicago and make it to the airport in time for my 4:45 flight. I fly straight to Madrid, and then connect to Alicante, where I'll take a bus to Murcia, and probably a taxi to my apartment. The catch? I have to fit everything I'm going to need for six months into a checked suitcase that can't weigh more than 50 pounds, a carry-on that's just a few inches smaller than any bag that I have, and a personal item, which I'm planning to stuff to capacity.
Anyone who knows how much I LOVE to pack (catch the sarcasm?) knows how awesome my next few days will be. In the words of Libby Bates, keep calm and carry on. And that's exactly what I plan to do. Nothing can ever really be gained from getting stressed in the end, anyway. So...wish me luck! Until Murcia...

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I should be getting a blog settled too very soon :) Good luck with the packing-- I had a very hard time, even with my mantra on replay!!!
    Can't wait to hear about your semester, and hopefully see you in Espana sometime!! :)

    Libby

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I love Libby's quote at the end...I know it gets me through everything haha I hope you ladies are able to get together in the beautiful country on SPAIN! I hope your nervous do not cloud your excitement, because this will be an amazing venture for you :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete