Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Relaxing Sunday

Today is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it! Today has been great so far! This morning I met Katelyn and Megan, two girls that I met Friday and then spent the day with yesterday, for church. It was a beautiful morning for a walk, which was definitely fortunate, because they had only been there once and we didn't quite find it so well. We got there eventually, though, and it is a very tiny church called Assemblia Cristiana. I understood part of the message, so that was good :) There were some other girls there from the same program as Katelyn and Megan, and after church all of us were invited over to Mary's house for lunch. Mary and her husband are missionaries that plant churches, and this was actually a church that they had planted. We had huge meatballs, scalloped potatoes, peas, salad, and then a baked peach dessert with coffee and ice cream that was delicious. I was so glad to be in a house and eat a home-cooked meal, and she and her daughters were so great. On our way home, we realized that Angie and I actually live in the same neighborhood, so we walked home together and got to see each other's apartments. She acutally lives only the next block over, so we'll get to walk places together, which doesn't sound like a great thing, but this means if we're out together on the weekend or even if we're not and we want to walk home we can go together. There's another girl in her program who lives near us too. It's also great because we can have dinner together. My roommates are great, but except for the first night, everyone pretty much makes their own meals and then eats in their room. That's a little tough for me because I love food and fellowship, and I like to eat with other people. I'm going over to her house in about an hour to eat, and then I'll spend the rest of the night relaxing and catch an early night (maybe watch part of the Colts game online) :)

Speaking of my apartment, I took a few pictures of it that I thought I would post so that you can see where I live!

This is the bathroom that I mainly use...I bought a shower curtain because there wasn't one there before...



No dryers, so this is where we hang our clothes out to dry



This is my bedroom!



Our cute little kitchen! It has a gas stove, so we have to light it with a match. Also, the oven doesn't really have a temperature...that will be interesting...



Our living room



My room still needs some more decorating, but I'm working on it :) Oh! I forgot! This morning as we were coming back from church we saw a procession through the streets, and Mary told us that every neighborhood has a patron saint, and today was the final day of celebration for San Anton, so there was a parade. Here are a few pictures from that:



No comments:

Post a Comment